How to Find the Right Fire Restoration Expert
When your home or business suffers from a fire, once the fire has been extinguished, fire restoration should become a main priority. Even if the damage may seem only slight, the after effects left by a fire can be pervasive and should be dealt with immediately.
Professional Fire Restoration Services
Some home or business owners may be tempted to perform their own post-fire restoration, especially if the damage involved seems only slight and easy to remedy. That’s why it’s recommended that everyone have a 2A-10B,C (minimum) fire extinguisher handy in the kitchen. A qualified fire restoration company, however, should be called in to handle anything more involved than a small kitchen fire. However, the smoke and ash created by large fires can leave extensive damage that, if not dealt with as soon as possible after the fire occurs, can cause serious health problems. Completing a proper fire restoration job takes experience, training, and manpower. Any company you hire for this purpose should be approved by and hold a current Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). This non-profit organization is the accepted authority and standard-setting group in the industry.
What You Need
Regardless of the size or scope of the fire you have experienced, your fire restoration services provider should be able to expertly:
- Respond at any time, 24/7
- Conduct an immediate damage assessment to determine what will be needed for complete restoration
- Seal and board up broken windows, doors and any breaches in the roof
- Maintain a “restore” rather than a “replace” mentality when it comes to your personal belongings and keepsakes
- Remove all water and thoroughly dry the area
- Remove soot and smoke damage from all surfaces
- Remove odors
- Clean all carpets/upholstery
- Mitigate any mold-growth potential
- Coordinate the inspection and repair of all electronics affected, such as stereos, computers and television sets
- Minimize the cost of repairs by using timely and appropriate industry-accepted procedures
Fires can be devastating, both during and after the fact, and need to be quickly and properly handled. In and around the Denver area, contact the industry-leading professionals at Rainbow International
if the need arises for top quality fire restoration services. Contact them at any time, day or night, for an immediate response. They work with all insurance companies.