Water Extraction / Pump Out
You’ve just returned from a wonderful long weekend vacation in the islands. You’ve emptied your luggage and upon returning them to the basement find that while you were gone the water heater failed and you are now looking at standing water in your basement. What do you do?
Water damage affects homes in a variety of ways. Plumbing failures such as water heater failures, pipe bursts and leaks cause the majority of these losses, while others result from sewer backups and flooding from heavy rains. Because of the progressive and pervasive nature of water damage when it occurs, it is imperative to contact a knowledgeable and well-trained water restoration company as soon as possilble after the loss.
Our water restoration technicians at Rainbow International of Denver are trained to understand and operate in the individual circumstances involved in restoring your home or business. We use the latest procedures and equipment to completely dry your structure as quickly as possible to prevent secondary damage – usually very expensive damage to the structure as well as the personal property. Techniques such as Rapid Structural Drying minimize the time involved in drying damaged areas.
Moisture meters are used to locate moisture that may not be visible, such as behind walls or cabinets, to ensure that the drying process is complete.
If you experience water damage, we suggest the following actions:
- Find and turn off the source of the water
- Be careful of any electrical plug-ins affected by the water. To prevent electrical shock, turn off the breaker for the affected area before unplugging and removing any devices
- Call Rainbow International at 303-699-7111 – 24 hours a day – 7 days a week
- Place wood or Styrofoam blocks under any furniture in the room. Lifting the furniture off the floor will help prevent stains on the floor and further damage to furniture
- Make sure that upholstery is off the floor as well, to prevent water from wicking up through the materials
- Pick up objects that could stain wet carpet, such as books, plants, toys, shoes, newspapers, etc
To prevent additional damage to your furnishings, Do Not:
- Don’t use your home vacuum, since electrical shock may result, as well as certain damages to the equipment itself
- Don’t place newspapers in traffic areas to walk on, since the ink transfers easily to wet carpet fibers and may result in permanent staining
- Don’t walk on the carpet any more than necessary to prevent damage from spreading to unaffected areas
We understand how important it is to react quickly to water emergencies, fire, or smoke damage. You can count on Rainbow International Denver to provide emergency response and quick professional service 24 hours a days, 7 days a week.
When we arrive at your location, we take the following steps to begin the restoration process:
- Determine the water source and ensure the environment is safe to continue work
- Take moisture readings to find its location and measure wetness
- Extract the water and determine anti-microbial treatments
- Set necessary equipment to control humidity levels, dry materials, and control air quality
- Employ Rapid Structural Drying techniques for best-in-industry service
- Consistently monitor the drying process and keep you updated on its progress
- By explaining our process thoroughly, you know exactly how we will restore your home or business so that you can recover from this event and return to normalcy!